I’ve seen very few articles on the Left’s grand strategy. Most of the right-wing blogosphere over the past 15 years has focused on cuckservative whining about yet-another left-wing outrage. The Left pushes, they step back, then they push a little more and a little more. Now, the culture has become so bad that public schools are teaching transgenderism to kindergartners. The Left pushes because pushing works. They don’t follow the rules because they intend to re-write them anyway.
Rather than continue to loser and whine, let’s examine their strategy and come up with our own. In Bill Lind’s excellent Victoria, he quotes Colonel John Boyd who said, “Strategy is the art of connecting yourself to as many other power centers (centers of gravity) as possible while separating your enemy from as many power centers as possible.” He goes on to say, “It was the only definition of strategy I ever heard that meant anything.” I agree. If you use this definition of strategy, the Left’s actions make perfect sense.
How the Left connects centers of gravity
As Colonel John Boyd said, “For winning wars, people are most important, ideas come second, and hardware is only third.”
- Expropriating borgeois (middle, UMC) youth at “universities” with Frankfurt School Marxism. Only possible if the borgeiosie values (Christianity) has collapsed
- They import immigrants and tell them that this society is racist.
- They multiply welfare recipients
- They elect Congresscritters and steal elections
- Judges – the judicial system might be the Schwerpunkt (focal point) of their entire strategy. As I said above, they intend to change the laws to their liking. Leftists love to yell about THE LAW because they want you to follow the laws they change.
- The cops typically do not agree with the Left’s legislation, but they carry it out because their job is to enforce the law. Think about that for awhile. The job is to enforce the law. If social services tries to take your kids on the basis of a Leftist fabrication, they’re going to get the cops to do it. The Left’s plans for weapon control work through the cops. The cops are held captive by their pensions (the golden handcuffs) and salaries. It could be that there are a great many cops who refuse to carry out the Left’s plans.
- Bureaucracy – most of the government votes Democrat
- Corporations and their billionaires
Total: Half the population or more. Providentially, aside from the cops who are generally good people in my experience, the quality of the people above is extremely low. Even when they are specialists in some field that pays them a lot of money, they have no ethics and are useless the minute they step out of the bubble of their specialty.
- Their ideas are uncomplicated. Read this post on Frankfurt School Marxism. Whenever Larry at Fabius Maximus or Bill Lind talks about the Frankfurt School, trolls come out of the woodwork to call you a conspiracy theorist for talking about the Frankfurt School. The Frankfurt School was a heavily-Jewish academic movement and Jews are always worried about yet-another pogrom, so it’s understandable that they’d like to suppress knowledge of their movement.
They don’t need much. Quoting “Victoria” again, “Never fight an enemy you can destroy without fighting.”
In war, particularly the Left’s war on us, money flows out much fast than it flows in. This is why the Left never makes money. They expropriate it from us or rely on benefactors. Examples include
- $500 million from Congress for Planned Parenthood even after CMP videos exposed them selling human body parts. God is patient but his judgment is clearly falling on us for the 60 million babies we’ve murdered since Roe v. Wade.
- George Soros and other corporate billionaires
- Corporations themselves, “charities,” NGOs
How the Left disconnects our centers of gravity
- Expropriating our youth by indoctrinating them through public “schools” and universities
- Discouraging us from having children by making family formation less affordable and flooding our neighborhoods with Section-8ers and illegal immigrants.
- Attacking church
- Attacking our alternative media (AM radio, Gab), depriving us of Twitter, FB
- Outlawing lawful assembly or bringing vexatious lawsuits and charges against conservative truth tellers, often using government lawyers. Remember, the judicial system might be the Schwerpunkt of the Left’s strategy
- Manufacturing outsourcing
- Environmental regulations making fishing, logging, mining, construction illegal
- Making affordable family formation more expensive
I have only begun to think about this. Here are some ideas.
How to connect our own centers of gravity
- We need to fix our culture by becoming a moral and religious people again. The culture is the most important aspect of this which is why places like Mexico never improve. Here are some ideas on where to start:
- Go to church. God, the Creator of all things, should be our main center of gravity. God is not some ancient near eastern idol we can call upon to bail us out then put away when not needed. The greatest commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. If God be for us, who can be against us?
- Raise a strong family. 4GW is a generational struggle. Recall that we’ve been fighting Al Qaeda since 2001, which is almost 20 years or one generation. If civilization is to be recovered, it will take many generations.
- Start a group with a specific goal. The Left does this all the time. They’re constantly organizing. The Leftists who meet across the street from me seem to enjoy it too. Everything should be done on a local level.
- Stop Bowling Alone. Freedom of assembly is dying more from lack of exercise that anything else. Practice hospitality. Invite your neighbors over for barbecues and dinner. Join analog social media.
- We need to gain the moral high ground by appearing as victims/weaker party. The Left has done this since the ’60s and it has worked well. The moral level of warfare is the most important.
- Do we need funding? Do we need our own charities?
Disconnect their centers of gravity
- Cut them off from students (our children) and money. Stop sending your kids to their schools. The Catholic schools are pretty affordable. The LCMS has fairly-affordable Protestant schools. Consider that college is an abysmal return on investment, your daughters will not find a good man there, and she may be transformed into someone you don’t recognize after 4 years of indoctrination. The same is true for your sons. Only in limited cases like obtaining a STEM degree is college worth it. Consider getting only an AA degree or trade certificate.
- Sow division among them. They talk like MLK but live like the KKK. Point this out and shriek about it. It’s getting easier to sow division among Lefists because they are a rainbow coalition of losers with nothing in common.
- Use civil disobedience. To paraphrase Bill Lind in “Victoria,” “At the moral level of war, which is the highest level, it often disarms your enemy when you use his tactics against him. Start by telling the truth even if it’s costly. Use your second vote. It’s definitely working against Dick’s Sporting Goods.
- Stop hiring immigrants if at all possible. Stop eating at restaurants which use tons of illegal immigrants.
- Get your tax bill as low as possible legally.
Post other ideas in the comments.
The theme of this blog is “faith, family, survival” because man requires such things in that order to thrive rather than merely exist until untimely death. I write about faith because the decline of the West has correlated almost perfectly with the decline of Christianity in the West. Without faith, there can be no family. We see this already: divorce rates are over 50% and half our children are bastards. Without family, there can be no survival, even on a local level. Family is the basic building block of society.
Culture therefore ultimately depends on the cult, which is why the word “culture” contains the word “cult”. The struggle in our society today is over what will take the place of the cult of Christianity. This is the reverse of the transition to Christianity from the first century onward. When Christianity arrived on the scene in the West in the early first century, Greek philosophical traditions were in deep decline and urban Greco-Roman life was brutal. Christianity eventually provided an attractive alternative for reasons to be explored later. Now that Western Christianity is dying, no dominant philosophy is taking its place except for Frankfurt School cultural Marxism, which is really an ideology based on turning reality on its head. As the remaining Western Christians die of old age and our numbers drop precipitously, our post-Christian society will likely become a brutal cauldron of paganism, Hinduism, Islam, cultural Marxism and ultimately tyranny.
Patrick Sookdheo, who is not a Westerner except by training, has written an excellent book on Western Christianity’s death, the implications of this death, how Western Christians can start being Christian again, and what to do if there is no revival. The book is available here.
Pray hard for a new Reformation.
This is background information for upcoming posts on Mexico and Nigeria.
GunnerQ wrote a post on up-front pricing in medicine. I have found everything he says to be true. Even when I have asked for prices for various procedures, medical providers don’t know. The bill you receive for service (the price) reflects some average of all the people who pay and don’t pay for the same services and your demographic data which gives the likelihood you WILL pay for the bill you’re receiving. If you’re a married white man with a house, you’ll get a larger bill than the illegal immigrant from Mexico who claims he has no money despite all the welfare he gets from the state and the huge brand-new truck in the driveway of the house he shares with 10-20 other people. Medical prices are thus produced by a hospital computer algorithm rather than posted like every other service in every other business. Expect hospitals to fight price transparency tooth-and-nail.
Happily, there are several strategies to protect yourself from medical provider theft.
Strategy 1: Insurance
You can get the same benefits as health insurance (risk-pooling, contractual pricing for services) using Liberty Health Shares if you are a Christian. My friend uses this service and loves it and claims it’s very cheap. Regular health insurance companies are run for their executives and shareholders and executives get paid largely in company shares. Health insurance companies are not your friends but a necessary evil. They may be an unnecessary evil depending on their premiums and deductibles which are now in the realm of outrageous.
Strategy 2: Fight the bill
Check our Broken Health Care. The initial bill you receive from a hospital is for people dumb-enough to pay it. Never pay sticker price.
Strategy 3: Stiff ’em!
I’ve done this when the first 2 strategies failed or haven’t worked well-enough. Moralizers will tell you this is the WRONG THING TO DO since it involves NOT PAYING WHAT YOU OWE. However, the hospital is not charging you what you owe, but what you and Jose from south of the border owes. This is especially true for OB/GYN care which is why it’s outrageously expensive to have a baby: you’re also paying for Jose’s anchor baby. This is analogous to taking your car in for repairs and being expected to pay for someone-else’s car repair and yours. It’s absurd to suggest it’s unethical to pay only what you owe.
I’ve called hospital billing departments, told them I was going to pay what I thought the service was worth (usually 30-50% of the bill), and that they could send the rest to collections as I’d rather negotiate with a debt collector than them. Laws were recently changed to prevent medical bills from damaging your credit as much as it did in the past. Debt collectors buy debt from hospitals at 5 to 10 cents on the dollar, so if you offer them 15-20% of what you originally owed, they made 50% profit. This strategy can be riskier depending on the size of the bill since hospitals will probably sue you if you don’t pay a large bill. Still, it costs them to sue you and most lawsuits are settled before going to trial. The last thing a hospital wants is their billing exposed to a jury.
One final note. The Left is pushing for national, single-payer health care. They can push all they want but this idea didn’t even make it to a vote in the California legislature last year. We’re already spending close to a trillion in Medicare to cover 60 million people in the US. Try scaling that up to 330 million people and you can quickly see that we’d have to somehow treble tax revenues as our federal budget is $4 trillion. Medicare and Medicaid account for about 25% of our national budget. Cutting defense spending to zero still wouldn’t enable us to come close to paying for a single-payer system. You’re on your own! This is becoming more true in the twilight of the United States and even the post-Westphalian nation-state system. You’re going to have to stick up for yourself. Start with resisting lesser injustices such as medical bills and it becomes easier to resist greater ones.
The modern firearm is a product of the nation-state. Machining is hard and requires expensive tools, smart men, and the stability to run a machine shop. Making barrels is the most difficult part. It requires boring a straight line for a great distance, reaming, and rifling with some sort of expensive button. Smokeless powder and bullets are even harder. Smokeless powder is nitroglycerin-based and requires a complicated and expensive process to manufacture. Only a few countries in the world have ever designed firearms, and all of these countries are found in the high-IQ regions of the world. Manufacturing knowledge, while difficult, can be transferred to countries like Brazil and Venezuela. The latter is entering full-rate production of AK-47s in 2019 after receiving the tooling from Russia which is eager to take advantage of our internal strife by arming our enemies to the south.
Many people are now stockpiling weapons and ammunition. The problem is that stockpiles won’t help. The Left intends to limit the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms as much as possible. Even if you have firearms, where do you practice marksmanship in a gun-controlled environment? If you practice, how do you replenish your ammunition if the Left is controlling the legitimate sale of it as will be the case in California next year? If you plan to re-load, where will you get the smokeless powder to do so? In war, especially 4th-Generation war, you always have a logistics problem. Ammunition is difficult to make and scarce when needed.
Guns and ammunition will never go away, mind you, they will just become extremely expensive for otherwise law-abiding people to buy on the black market. In Australia, plenty of criminals own guns, they just cost several months’ salary for a Western working man on the black market. Most people in the Third World live on less than $3 a day meaning black-market guns cost several years’ pay in poor countries. Criminals don’t care about the cost because they get their money through drug sales and robbery and guns are just a cost of doing business. Mujahideen get all of their money, guns and ammunition from Islamic “charities” or Muslim oil states or sheikhs. Is it any wonder that all 4th-generation irregular forces in the world today are bad people?
What normal people need is a working firearm that can be cheaply and expediently manufactured and fed with cheap ammunition outside of the government’s control: smooth-bore black-powder weapons. It’s no wonder this type of weapon was the choice of my favorite post-apocalyptic antihero: Max Rockatansky. Shotgun shells can be expediently-made of modern materials. Black-powder and other variants of propellant are as old as the hills can be made more-easily using modern methods using 3 ubiquitous chemicals. The manufacturing process is far easier than modern ammunition. Black-powder is more volatile than smokeless powder but burns with a lower peak pressure than nitroglycerin-based smokeless powder, making firearm fabrication easier.
Speaking of firearm fabrication, even a shotgun can be fairly complicated and expensive to make since the metal barrel must be bored and the receiver milled. Lathes and mills are expensive and probably always will be. Where else can a piece of metal with a straight hole be found? Piping. The weakness of piping is its welded seam. This can be overcome in two ways: a barrel sleeve (a larger-diameter pipe around a narrower-diameter barrel) and wrapping the barrel in biaxial carbon-fiber fabric impregnated with tooling-resin epoxy. Carbon fiber fabric is an expensive material, but easy to work with compared to buying a lathe or gun-drill and boring a long hole in round steel stock that you’ve straightened. It might even be possible to use 10 oz biaxial E-glass or S-glass if carbon fiber can’t be found. The key is using the right powder load for the strength of the barrel which requires experimentation.
To fabricate the barrel, sand the outside of the pipe with 80-grit sandpaper to make it possible for the epoxy to mechanically-bond to the metal. Clean with acetone. Then, insert a dowel into the metal pipe, lay out the fabric on a dirt-free surface, mix the epoxy, and roll it onto the fabric using a 1/8″ low-nap roller. Then start rolling the wet fabric around the pipe using the dowel like you’d roll paper towels. You will have to experiment with how much fabric is enough. Use the equation “enough= plenty.” More fabric should probably be added where the shell sits in the barrel and is ignited, just like a manufactured shotgun. When the epoxy has gelled and before it has hardened, mix more epoxy with cabosil and “fill the weave” of the outer layer of fiberglass. When it dries, sand-out the bumps and rough the whole barrel with 80-grit sandpaper being careful not to sand into the fabric weave. Coat with a third coat of epoxy and you’re done. The barrel and powder loads could be tested under the pretext of testing model rocket engines or replica smooth-bore cannons.
For receiver fabrication, I recommend Professor Parabellum. KISS. The action should be some sort of break-action with a locking level such as your grandfather owned. The stock can be made of a 2×4 with a jigsaw and a spoke shave.
Proper tactics will be key with this weapon. You’re not a sniper with it. This is a close-range personal weapon that gives you the option to run away or close the distance to use a knife at a range of 10-20 yards. Think of the last battle scene in Master and Commander. Guns were used to close the distance to sword-fight. Third worlders use knives and machetes all the time to kill their dinner and each-other. Knives and machetes are cheap and effective at 0-7 yards where most modern gunfights take place. So, shotgun in your left hand, bowie knife in your right. Shoot then close the distance to kill the attackers that haven’t run away. Presumably, you’re using this in a hallway where attackers can fan-out to shoot at you from different angle. Choose your terrain wisely and funnel attackers into terrain of your choosing or else run.
I read this book about 12 years ago during the Minority Mortgage Meltdown of 2006 when I realized the United States is not being run for Americans nor are things going to get better. There are many parallels between the United States and Argentina. FerFAL’s book is one of very few in this genre that give accurate survival information. For example, he pours cold water on the idea of a rural bugout. Instead, he says that things will go on as before, just worse. You will need to use your personal network to provide safety from criminals and extract yourself from entanglements with the government which doesn’t do much about the criminals but grows more rapacious. Bad times have a way of bringing out the worst in bad people, so know and surround yourself with good people. He also discusses finance: how to store money when the banks have become unreliable and inflation is so bad you can’t store wealth in the local currency. He wrote this before cryptocurrencies existed. I think stablecoins may offer some alternatives to storing wealth as gold.
The Chinese Communist Party under Xi Jinping is displaying a level of paranoia that suggests it is highly unstable. China is deploying a social-credit system straight out of “Black Mirror” designed to track and rate all of your movements using 400 million cameras, internet browsing data, social media data, and card transactions. They can stop anyone they want from buying a train ticket, buying property, getting a job, or having a bank account.
Revelation 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
They expect to deploy this system by 2020. It seems many Chinese support it. Obviously, Christians and other dissidents will be persecuted by this system. In fact, the government already has increased persecution of Christians. They recently arrested 100 Christians from a Chengdu Reformed Church including the pastor and other churches in the presbytery.
Li Yingqiang, the sole Early Rain church elder not in custody, told me that when he heard that the police were coming after Early Rain, he shut off his phone, arranged for another family to take care of his children, and went into hiding. After he left his house, police broke down his door, and Li believes they have detained his wife.
He noted that the church had created plans in case of a government raid such as this, but they could not be carried out because nearly all the church staff had been taken at once. “My feelings are complicated,” he said Monday as he realized he was the only one left.
No one in the Western church plans for things like this. I don’t even know who I would give my children to should the government decide to haul me off to jail for attending church since the only people nearby who I would trust with my kids go to the same church.
The police have also visited the parents of students at the school, forcing them to send their kids to public schools. The wife of Matthew Su, one of the elders who had been taken, said that at 4 a.m. on Monday, two women from the Ministry of Education showed up at her apartment and told her she needed to send her two oldest children to the local public elementary school. She declined, saying, “You’ve told us, thank you. We will not go. If you want to arrest their parents then arrest us.”
Instead of complaining about indoctrination by the public schools, the Chinese church actually worked together and created an affordable school then defied authorities when they demanded that their children attend. We keep complaining about our public schools but enrollment in Christian schools keeps declining. What if we tried working together?
The pastor of the Reformed Church in Chengdu used a proxy to publish a brilliant letter he wrote in anticipation of being arrested. I encourage you all to read it.
Historically, Christians have been a despised people. Jesus warned that since the world hated him, it would hate his followers (John 15:18). Christians have historically put up with much at the hands of governments and the world around them repaying insults and violence with kindness and prayer. There are cases where physical self-defense is warranted, but it depends on the circumstances. As Bill Lind reminds us, the Moral and Mental levels of war are far greater than the Physical level. Above them all is the Spiritual level where our prayers are effective and Jesus has already overcome. These Christians in China definitely need your prayers and calls to your senator, congressman and the president. As Christianity collapses in the West, I suspect we will need the prayers of Chinese Christians shortly.
A discussion reducing probability of intercept by satellite-based SIGINT systems.
This is a thoughtful discussion on public schooling and homeschooling. I agree with most of their conclusions about public school. My kids go to a public grammar school and I plan to move at the end of the school year so that I can send them to a Lutheran school. More on school choice later.